My name is Dave. I am a coder by day and trader by night. On this site, I share my experience Trading Forex, Precious Metals, Crypto Currencies, and CFDs on Stocks, Indices and Commodities.
To read about why I trade and why I think you should too, you can read this post.
Read My Trading Plan
Every trader needs a plan. Plan your trades and trade your plan! My Trading Plan can be found here. I hope it will show you that I actually trade according to a plan and that luck is a minimal factor in my trading.
Learn my trading setups as well.
Follow Me on Tradingview
I regularly publish on Tradingview which is freely accessible. For any trading related questions, you can contact me there.
Learn My Way of Trading
Becoming a trader is a process. And although some people have a natural ability to be successful in trading, most others do not have this.
I believe anyone can learn to trade the markets.
I have spent many years studying the markets, reading books on trading, doing backtests, and of course, trading itself. Finally, I am at the level that I make more money than I lose. So I feel confident I can share with you what I know on the subject.
Go Through My Free Trading Course
I have written a series of posts as a Free Trading Course: Learn To Trade For Free. It will help you get started trading the way I do. I highly suggest you go through the articles in order. The first post can be found here.
I suggest you check out my YouTube channel as I post educational content there as well.
Practice Your Trading Skills
After reading my series of ‘Learn To Trade’ articles, you are ready to practice what you have learned so far.
You can open an account at a broker and start practicing on a free demo account. Alternatively, you can fund a real account and practice trading very small position sizes. This is actually better, as with real money on the line, however small amounts, you will be able to practice the mental aspects of trading as well as the technical aspects.
About My Charts
I use charting that is independent of the platform I execute trades on. I use Tradingview for my chart analyses. As an alternative, you can also use platforms like Investing.com, Metatrader, or CTrader. However, to use these last two platforms you will at least need to open a demo account at a broker that offers the platform and the usage of these demo accounts is often limited in time.
I recommend both Investing.com as well as Tradingview, because:
- Both are free to get started.
- Bothe are independent resources.
- Both offer charting, news, economic calendars, screeners, trading ideas, a trading community, all in one place.
- Both offer tools on a wide variety of instruments, like stocks, forex, bonds, ETFs, mutual funds, commodities, precious metals, and cryptocurrencies.
- Tradingview even offers a replay function that will let you backtest your strategies.
In one word: both are excellent in my opinion.
I have outlined some of the most useful resources I use for trading and investing myself. I hope it is helpful. Links on this site can be affiliate links. If you use them to open an account or buy something, then I might receive a commission. This is at no additional cost to you. If you have any questions about these resources or the site itself feel free to get in contact with me.
Here is a list of my latest trading related posts:
- Which Forex Pairs are Generally Trending and Which Ones Tend to Revert to the Mean In this article, I will systematically investigate the tendency of different Forex pairs to either trend or revert to the mean. I will do so by backtesting a simple trend-following strategy. (Code available on Github. See the end of this […]
- So, you want to buy Bitcoin automatically every month, week or even every day? In this article, I will show you three ways to automate your recurring Cryptocurrency buying from very easy, which will require no technical skills, to more complicated ways, that will require some technical skills. Let’s have a look at how to […]
- Automate your trading without writing code In this post, I will investigate and show you the ways I know that you can automate your trading without the need to be a professional software developer. In fact, you don’t even need to be able to code. The main reason why I trade end-of-day strategies is that […]
- Should You Only Trade With The Trend as a Beginner When you start trading for the first time, it is very tempting to take every trade that comes your way. It is much better, however, when you are just learning how to trade to only ever trade with the trend. Why you should trade with […]
- Where to place your take profit Ok, you see a nice trade opportunity. And you know where to place your stop loss. Now, how about the take profit order? Where do you place it? In this post, I will show you my approach to setting my initial take profit levels. This initial take profit level […]
- Where to put your stop loss So I talked about “What is R in Trading” and why it is so important to understand. I hope I made clear that R lets you focus on and manage Risks by always setting a stop-loss order to take you out of a position automatically if things turn against […]
- Risk And Why is R So Important to Understand? R in Trading is an objective way to think about success or failure in a trade. R expresses the (possible) return on a trade as a multiple of the risk taken on by that trade. In my trading log, I register the amount of R I […]
- Gold bars In the previous post, I talked about why I invest in Gold and Silver. I explained that I mostly buy Silver coins, but there are many ways to invest in Gold, Silver and other precious metals such as Platinum and Palladium. Here are seven ways to invest and trade in precious metals: Own […]
- I own crypto currencies, because I have come to the conclusion that money as we know it today is no longer sustainable. I have come to this conclusion during the crisis of 2008. At that time I had the intuition / the gut feeling something was wrong not only with our financial system, but more […]
- No, it’s not because of the Ferrari I am a coder by day and trader by night! Coding is my day job. I am fully aware that only having a job will not allow me to provide for my family and myself consistently in the long run. This is because most of the western societies […]